Monday, January 26, 2009

Back to normality...

Ah, yes. Mondays seem normal again as I sit in classes that are extremely boring and irrelevant to what I want to do for the rest of my life. Well actually, I only had 2 classes today, weight training and global culture. So far weight training will be very useful for me because I workout 5-6 days a week and the last thing I want to do when I come home from school is workout so having a class in weight training is pretty convenient.

The global culture class a completely different story though. This class is going to test my patience as I am going to have to sit through 16 weeks of the most monotone voice I have ever heard. The professor of the class who was originally scheduled to teach, cannot teach all of a sudden and they practically brought in the female version of Clear Eye commercial guy. At least the class doesn't seem very hard, and I am taking it with my 4 closest friends =).

After not writing for a couple of weeks, I've finally gotten back to it. Poems, screenplays, blogs - you name it. I'm not sure why I stopped in the first place but I've received extra motivation from a certain girl on my mind. If you read my last post, you would know that the girl - or woman rather - that I am talking about already has someone special in her life. But if I could use one word to describe myself, it would be the word "dreamer" and lately, my imagination has been flooded by the fountain that is her existence (Corny isn't it? I just thought I'd throw that in there for kicks =D). This is the first girl I've started thinking about whose name I haven't and won't mention to anybody because I've realized how widespread things can get and it's tough to trust people. But I DID think that you were important enough to know about her right?

Anyway, I've suddenly found myself listening to Howie Day's "Collide" and it was enough to inspire me to pick up the guitar again and start playing. This song makes me think of "her" and being able to play it and sing myself will definitely put me in a state of mind that I always yearn for.

Well, that's all for now. I'll be working on several films this semester so stay tuned. My first film this semester will be starring myself and the talented Rheem Abuhamdeh in a film I wrote called "Secret Admirer." So look out for that. Thanks for reading. Until next time, take care of yourself and remember to exercise regularly.

No comments: