Tuesday, December 9, 2008

BCS Title Game

Hey everybody! Welcome to my post-communication theory blog! I'll be posting stuff everyday ranging from sports, entertainment (my film reviews included), my insight on handling any tpe of problem,, and I'll be posting stuff about relationships and love as well. Anything and I mean ANYTHING you want me to talk about, email me at jimtin8@gmail.com and I will post for you! I am a good listener (in this case reader) and I can give you any kind of insight on anything. Without further a do, here is my first post:

First of all I am very disappointed in my school's football team (San Jose State Spartans) in that we could not get into a bowl game this year. We had a decent season and I think we deserve to go a bowl game if Colorado State got into one. Anyways, this is my opinion on the choosing of the two National Title participants for this year, Florida and Oklahoma. Look, I get it Longhorns fans, you beat Oklahoma. And you know what? I absolutely agree with you - head to head should definitely count in choosing the conference champion (in this case, choosing the Big 12 South winner who would presumably beat the Big 12 North winner and head to the National Title Game). However, this is exactly why I don't believe that Texas got a raw deal. The Longhorns want head to head to count, but they forget that they lost to Texas Tech. Your argument is "oh but Texas Tech got routed against the team we beat," but look at it the other way; you got beat by the team that lost by 30+ points to the team you beat. If you count head to head, Texas Tech, although they got dominated against Oklahoma, deserves to be in the picture as well.

So, what does that mean then? The voters (except for the computer rankings) got it right. Oklahoma's non-conference schedule is the strongest out of themselves, Texas and Texas Tech, so they deserve to play for the title (that and because they are the most dominant team right now in terms of scoring). Does that mean I think they should be number 1? Absolutely not. Florida is without question the best team in the nation. Their road to the national title was a lot more difficult than. Oklahoma's because they actually had to face tough defenses. Sure, they lost to Ole Miss at home, but they have absolutely dominated EVERYBODY since then, embarrassing their opponents (except Alabama). This is also why I think Tim Tebow should win the Heisman again, because his body of work is more impressive than Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford - he faced really tough defenses and still put up good numbers.

When it's all said and done at the BCS Title game, there will be one logical idea on people's minds - a playoff. I know the arguments against a playoff but in reality, we don't have one in college football because of money (ESPN just made a multi-year deal to broadcast BCS bowl games). My prediction for the national title game is Florida 41, Oklahoma 28.

Now I want to know what you think! Should Texas be in the title game? Why? Who gets your vote for best team in the nation? Feel free to leave a comment. Irrelevant and absurd comments are not welcome here and will be deleted immediately. Get a life, don't send me B.S. grow up. Thanks for reading!

No comments: