Tuesday, December 23, 2008

London Dream (12/23/08)

So I slept over my friend's house this past Saturday night (12/21) and while I was sleeping, I had one of the most ridiculous dreams EVER. And for those of you who know me and who have heard me tell you a dream of mine, you know it is already. Anyways, for some reason I remember almost every last detail there was in the dream and I'm gonna tell you about it in story form, just the way I experienced it without adding in any extra craziness or making it sound "elegant." So without further a do, here is what happened...

Me, Eduardo and Alex (both of whom are friends of mine in real life) head to San Jose International Airport for what seems to be no apparent reason (yeah I know it's vague, but I did say it was a dream!). Somehow we each end up with a roundtrip ticket to London which for some reason lasts ONLY 48 hours. So by the time we get to London, we have 24 hours to spend there before we have to get on a plane back to the States.

So we're on the plane, and this incredible hot flight attendant serves me a Coke. I wanted to pursue her badly, but I "wussed" out so to speak, and nothing ended up happening. Before I know it, we land in London and we start to explore the city. Somehow, we end up running into this study abroad program from the States and my friend Sabrina is in the class (she is Eduardo's friend as well). So Eduardo and I go to say "hi" to her, but she acts as if I'm not even there! I couldn't believe it. I was yelling in her face but man did she keep her cool. Must've been something I said to her a while back that made her not want to talk to me, but the point is that she didn't. Now, I did mention that my friend Alex was with Eduardo and I when we made the trip, and this is where it starts to get a little crazy. After I stopped trying to get Sabrina's attention, I turned around and Alex was nowhere to be seen. Eduardo and I actually searched for a good while, but we couldn't find him. We tried to call him but he didn't answer his phone. So after a search for him, we decided that he would be smart enough to call us if he was in trouble, so we decided to explore the city a bit more.

We end up going to a mall and there's a whole bunch of stuff we see that we want to buy, but we don't end up buying anything because it was all too expensive. So, as we're walking around the mall, we meet these four British girls who are shopping as well. Damn, were they fine. Whew. So after a little talking, we end up going to their hotel room where Eduardo takes two girls into one room, and I take the other two into the room next door. Now, I'm not going to get into what happened while I was in the room with these two smoking girls, but I'll tell you the aftermath and what is ultimately another twist in my dream.

So I get done doing my business and I go out the door. I reach into my pocket and all I got is my plane ticket and my passport! The girls took my wallet, my phone and pretty much everything I had in my pocket (we went to London with no luggage - go figure)! So, I am pissed and I pound on the door for them to open it up and they don't make a single move. At this time, I decide to knock on the door where Eduardo went into and tell him that we had to get out of the hotel and start thinking about heading back to the airport because we only had about four hours before our flight back home was going to depart.

I knock on the door and there's only one of the girls that Eduardo went in there with there, and she tells me that he left half an hour ago with the second girl. Wow. Okay now this is pretty damn weird. So, I leave the hotel and start asking people how to get to the airport and no one tells me anything that's of any use to me. By this time, I only have three hours left before my flight takes off and I'm scrambling for a way to get to the airport.

It's pitch dark outside as it is late at night and it is cold as hell and I am in the middle of London all by myself. I see a bum at the corner of one intersection and I ask him if he knows how to get to the airport and the son of a bitch throws up all over me! What the hell! So now I'm running around London in a shirt and sweater full of a homeless man's vomit and I still don't know how to get back to the airport.

I pass by a fast food restaurant and see that the time is 12:30 AM, and that would mean that I only have two and a half hours to get back to the airport. I pass by a nightclub near the fast food restaurant and I ask a man how to get to the airport and he tells me, but I can't understand a word he says because his British accent is so thick. So I ask him to repeat what he just told me and he starts telling me in Spanish for no apparent reason! So then I yell at him and tell him that I speak English and that I am American and that all I want is to get back home and he calls me a "bloody American!" So then I decide to keep walking until I see somebody who might understand what I'm saying (even though I'm speaking English in an English speaking country) . I reach into my back pocket and find that I have five dollars left and I come across a liqour store and I decide to go in there to ask the clerk how to get to the airport, buying a Red Bull while I was at it.

I walk into the store and I grab a Red Bull and I put it on the counter as I reach into my pocket for my five dollar bill. Before I take it out, I try to tell the clerk that all I have is American money, but a naked woman walks into the store and throws me completely off. I know I know. This is freakin' ridiculous but like I said, this whole thing is RIDICULOUS. So, I try to tell the clerk about my five dollar bill but the naked woman puts her arm around me and offers to pay for my drink. I am confused as hell (as you can imagine) and I accept her offer and I ask her if she knows how to get to the airport. She tells me that she has no time to take me all the way there, but she does have time to take me to the train station that will lead me straight to the airport.

She drops me off at the train station and before she leaves, she tells me that it is 1:30 AM. I thank her for the drink and the ride and she takes off. I wait for a few minutes at the station and finally, the train arrives. I step onto the train and guess who I see sitting all by himself? Eduardo! I go up to him absolutely pissed off and I ask him where the hell he's been and what I had to go through just to get on the train. He tells me that he just had the time of his life with the girls at the hotel and that he had no idea why he ended up on the train. Just shortly before the train arrived at the airport, I tell him "I can't believe this. I just can't wait to get home." And he says, "speak for yourself man. I'm staying here." And I assume he's joking around, but he takes his plane ticket out and rips it in my face. My mouth drops and I'm just speechless. The train arrives at the airport and I ask him if he's for real and he says he is. The train door opens and I step out look at him for one last time. The train door slides to a close and I wake up.

It's 9:40 in the morning on a Sunday morning on December 22, 2008. I look over to the other couch and Eduardo is there still sleeping. There's twenty minutes left before the 49ers play the Rams on FOX. Time to make sense of what happened last night and watch some football.

No comments: